Author Topic: Muay Thai and MMA : stand-up fighting  (Read 745 times)

Webmaster

• Administrator
  • Wisdom: 0
Muay Thai and MMA : stand-up fighting
« on: March 25, 2017, 09:23:18 AM »
Debate: In your opinion, is Muay Thai the most effective martial art for stand-up fighting in MMA?

Martial-Way - Martial Arts Forum

Muay Thai and MMA : stand-up fighting
« on: March 25, 2017, 09:23:18 AM »
Webmartial Shop - Martial arts products and equipment, directly from China. Worldwide shipping.

Welcome to Webmartial Shop 2.0! To celebrate this, 15% off on all products! Click here to benefit of this promotion!
* Until November 15th, 2017

Webmaster

• Administrator
Re: Muay Thai and MMA : stand-up fighting
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 07:26:24 AM »
These replies below have been posted on social networks by some of our followers :

Probably the most used. But what I've learned in Shou Shu, Muay Thai lacks aggressive punch defense to the head.

It's surely the default. Most effective, dunno.

MuahThaiRose

• Future Dragon ?
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 01:49:20 AM »
"Probably the most used. But what I've learned in Shou Shu, Muay Thai lacks aggressive punch defense to the head."

This last part is not true. There are defensive techniques that protect while giving a blow (Since i learnd them from my teacher). But you wont see them on youtube or most schools in western countrys.

On topic i totally think that Muay Thai is the most destructive and complete stand-up martial art for fighting in MMA. But alot of the muay thai that i see in mma is not really true muay thai but kickboxing with elements of muay thai. There is this one lighter champion in One FC (I dont remember his name but i will see if i can find it later) that comes from Thailand that use muay thai techniques.

Kickboxing is another form of stand-up that can compete. Also some Karate (kyokushin) and Kungfu styles are effective.
Come train in Thailand

Webmaster

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 08:51:07 AM »
This reply below has been posted on social networks by one of our followers :

shogun (muay/chute) v. machida (karate) : 2-0. machida v. others : winning records. conor v. aldo (muay).win. wonderboy , i think if you add side kicks and fluid movements to muay style then it ll be an evolution of mma in striking dept. peoole switch stances not only left n right but wide(side) and short(front) stances with power of muay style n dexterity of tkd kicks, along with boxing ...there's ur future striking

Webmaster

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2017, 10:06:50 AM »
This reply below has been posted on social networks by one of our followers :

Boxing is best