Author Topic: Book on Tai Chi, Hsing Yi Kung Fu, Qigong and building internal energy  (Read 486 times)

jadedrgonalaska

• Future Dragon ?
  • Wisdom: 0
    • Jade Dragon Alaska
The book Axe Hand; Hsing-i & Internal Strength Workout,  is Traditional Chinese Internal Martial Arts with many methods for developing internal energy which have never been published before. Comments and focus of practice help with one’s own level of development, giving training insight into the internals, never articulated before.

Tai Chi 5 move form taught, with detailed explanations and photos.

Hsing-Yi Five Elements are shown with photographs, and the 12 animal forms have detailed descriptions.

HSING YI (Hsing-i, Xing Yi)   

Hsing-I uses the same Five Element Theory as acupuncture for health, and for martial power and balance as well. The I-Ching uses what is there before it takes form.   

Hsing-I uses this ‘I’, to stage the stepping motion to aid in the positioning, momentum and anchoring to hit with combined internal power. Many Qigong practices the same energy focus involving the Lower Dan Tien; Hsing-i directs its rooted power with the Lower Dan Tien. `

Stationary and moving Qigong (internal energy work) sets ae detailed, with explanations on how to focus your energy.

A hard-external arm blow must usually chambered/pocketed first to get it's full power; whereas an internal blow can attain killing power in two inches or less. If and when the blow misses, the hard/external fighter's movement must go the longer route back and forth to the initial launch point of the chamber/pocket. For example, most karate practitioners start the punch in the chamber/pocket area with the fists at the waist, or tucked up higher along the body's side ranging all the way up to the armpit, for some styles.

Internal blows can be a 'continuous and returning fist', maintaining their momentum and power as they travel and change direction, so you get many 'second chances if the first attempt does not connect. A karate front snap punch, has all the force released at the end of the blow, and is jerked/snapped back, so there is nothing left of the power generated; they have to reload!  
The internal energy focus of the book has many paths: hard and soft style Qigong, static and moving postures. Calming emphasis in Qi methods for energy pooling and meridian circulation. Quick projection of explosive Fa Jing in health or attack; as is used in Dim Mak and healing hands.

Wrist and fore-arm stretches to help energy flow: • these can help with tendonitis, typing hands, carp-tunnel, and muscle knots;
• that will help the energy flow through your wrists,
• preventing injury and learning wrist locks
• as well as teaching grappling seizures and locks,
• and will help you transfer it more effectively;

Progress, consciousness, and power are all tested objectively in meditation, Qigong, martial drills, as well as in-animate objects.

Standing Pole (Embrace the Moon or Hold the Ball) shifting the water and rising-expanding/sinking-contracting;

Fore-arm Throw double set, dynamic drill, adjusting moving root, responsive blocking enabling the same move for offence and defense, center of Qi as it moves through oneself and the center between two people; Hsing-i San Ti: standing and moving for Qi and Fa Jing;

Workout book contains many everyday methods for internals, meditations, rooting, exercises, tests and self adjustments.

Good for all backgrounds since the essence is emphasized, rather than a particular language; although words are used, it is more what is between the words. Instruction goes from the individual’s known, to his related unknown. Taught with the common ground of the 'shared lived experience' .

Internal means independent thought rather than compliance to a doctrine, having it make sense to you, in your own way: this is truly internal since its intrinsic nature is your soul.

Common theme with other energy work: of removing blocks through meditation, stretching, and exercise. Traditional development of the energy and awareness before the technique as is the case in many ancient traditions.

Developing and practicing the 'universal' of the Qigong, rather than the particular application. Plato talks about universal concepts such as what is in common with all chairs to make them a chair.

Available at Amazon or through the publisher at Lulu:
http://www.lulu.com/shop/greg-hayes/axe-hand-hsing-i-internal-strength-workout/paperback/product-18925575.html

« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 06:14:08 PM by jadedrgonalaska »

Martial-Way - Martial Arts Forum

Webmartial Shop - Martial arts products and equipment, directly from China. Worldwide shipping.

Welcome to Webmartial Shop 2.0! To celebrate this, 15% off on all products! Click here to benefit of this promotion!
* Until November 15th, 2017