Author Topic: Another Great Hawaiian  (Read 3716 times)

Chienpei

• Dragon Egg
  • Wisdom: 0
Another Great Hawaiian
« on: April 10, 2013, 02:04:51 AM »
I found another story about martial arts in Hawaii that I thought I would share with the Martial-Way crowd. Hawaii has a long tradition of bringing up people through their ranks, and this story seems to suggest that the Transfiguracion family has a storied history of their own. I was not too familiar with it, but I was wondering if anyone else had heard of them at all.

The story mentioned that Kealakehe sophomore Alexis Transfiguracion actually walked a rail as part of her training. I am fairly familiar with this as a Kung Fu technique but I have heard of fewer Karate and Judo academies that use it as a training technique. It certainly takes a good deal of skill to do that.

I have to work on my own motor skills quite a bit as a result of a disability. That is one of the reasons why I always catch sight of stories where someone has to train in some balance-related techniques.

http://hawaiitribune-herald.com/sections/sports/local-sports/she%E2%80%99s-got-name-watch.html

Martial-Way - Martial Arts Forum

Another Great Hawaiian
« on: April 10, 2013, 02:04:51 AM »
Webmartial Shop - Martial arts products and equipment, directly from China. Worldwide shipping.

Christmas is coming soon! A Chinese drawing offered for orders > $100. A surprise gift in each order. Click here to benefit of it!
* Until December 25th, 2017